The Office of Residential Life and Housing provides services to the residential population to enhance the on-campus living experience. We want to ensure that all members of the community are informed about what they can expect from this office, and in turn, what this office expects from the residential community.
This Partnership Agreement, which has been approved by SGA and the Housing Advisory Board, provides a two-way summary of expectations related to Residential Life and Housing. We welcome all opportunities to collaborate with students to create and maintain a community where everyone can thrive.
|Students Can Expect That Residential Life & Housing Will:
||Residential Life & Housing Expects That Students Will:
- Respect each individual’s perspective;
- Communicate in an open, thorough and timely manner;
- Provide opportunities for personal development within a diverse residential setting that is continually growing and developing;
- Provide trained staff who are available 24/7 to provide support and guide students, and respond to all emergency situations;
- Foster a safe and welcoming residence hall environment;
- Collaborate with students and student groups to provide learning, leadership and community development opportunities.
- Demonstrate respect for all members of the campus community;
- Become positive, active and involved members of the residence hall and campus community;
- Be accountable to oneself, to other community members and to all residential policies and procedures;
- Efficiently communicate with and respond to communications from Residential Life & Housing;
- Take advantage of the resources and support that our staff provide;
- Possess an understanding that our office focuses on individual students at the same time we focus on the overall community, and that at times, the needs of the overall community may be greater than those of the individual.
Residential Life & Housing is focused on the development of our residence hall community. As such, we look forward to collaborating with students to create a community where everyone can thrive.