Music Practice Rooms
There are 3 music practice rooms located in the lower level of Sulzberger Hall (numbered #2, #3, and #4).
Room #2 has a baby grand piano. Rooms #3 and #4 have upright pianos.
Students must reserve time slots (see below) to use the music practice rooms.
Sign for music practice room time slot will start in September for the Fall and in January for the Spring semester.
To reserve a time slot to use a Music Practice Room, follow the steps below:
- Log into the Housing Portal
- Click FORMS and then click "Music Practice Rooms"
- Click the blue SEARCH button
- Sign with your UNI to acknowledge the policies for use of the music practice rooms.
- Then, you can search for available Time Slots.
Time Slots are for a specific date, time, and room. Time slots do not reoccur (students would need to sign up for each date/time they wish to reserve).
Time Slots become available on a weekly basis (starting at 12am on Sundays). Weeks run from Sunday - Saturday. Music Majors only may see/reserve time slots for the following week in addition to the upcoming week.
Students may sign up for a maximum of 5 time slots per week (10 per week for Music Majors only).
Time slots are for 55 minutes each (starting on the hour). When your time slot starts, you can show your Student ID to the Sulzberger Access Attendant to get the key to the music practice room you have a reservation for. The key must be returned to the Sulzberger Front Desk before the end of your time slot.
Students may only use a practice room if they have a reserved time slot on the Portal. There is no unscheduled use available for the rooms. If you have a reserved time slot and do not plan to use it, please cancel it as soon as possible so another student could reserve the space before the hour starts.
- These spaces are intended for music practice only. Students looking for quiet study space should utilize other locations on campus (ex. Lewis Parlor in Brooks, Milstein, Diana, etc).
- Time Slots cannot exceed 5 hours in one week (10 for music majors only).
- There is no unscheduled use of the music practice rooms. Only students with a reserved time slot on the Housing Portal will be permitted to borrow the key to the music practice rooms.
- Students who plan not to use a reserved time slot should cancel it on the Portal so that another student could reserve the time slot.
- No food or beverages, other than water in closed containers, is permitted in the music practice rooms.
- Do not leave litter or belongings in any practice room when you leave. The College is not responsible for items left behind or lost in the music practice rooms.
- Any abuse or misuse of the music practice rooms may result in disciplinary action.
- The lounges in the 121st St, 616 W 116th St, Plimpton, and CG residence halls each have a piano.
- Piano practice rooms through the Music department for Music majors
- Music Practice Rooms at Columbia