Packing, Moving, & Storage
Students must submit the form below in order for a third party (friends, family, moving companies, etc.) to be able to access their room to pack belongings in their absence.
Third Party Room Access Form (PDF)
* the form is not necessary if you are on campus to let someone into your room.
As of March 25, there are packing, moving, and storage vendors that continue to operate as “essential businesses” following the recent NY State Executive Order.
Students are welcome to leave their belongings in their room after March 30, 2020 and pack them up anytime prior to 5:00 pm Friday May 15, 2020 (10:00 am Thursday May 21, 2020 for graduating seniors). However, students who do not vacate by March 30 will not receive a prorated refund on room and board.
Barnard is not able to provide summer storage space for students' belongings. The following vendor offers fee-based storage services. Students are responsible for negotiating rates, dates and details with the selected vendor.
The following is a list of Packing, Moving, and/or Storage vendors; however, the College does not endorse or recommend any particular vendor.
- Imperial Movers
- Big Apple Moving
- Scanio Moving
- Dumbo Moving
- West Side Movers Storage -- 20% off on boxes and supplies with Student ID
- CollegeBoxes.com -- Offers packing as well
- CampusStorage.com -- Promo code BLOOM50 for 50% off your first month
- SimplifyStorage.com -- Promo code STUDENTSPECIAL for $15 off your order.
- UHaul -- offering 30 days of free storage with Student ID
- Manhattan Mini Storage