Con Edison Fellows Program
Con Edison, which has provided electric service in most of New York City and Westchester County for more than 180 years, has been instrumental in providing much needed financial support for internships for promising young women at Barnard College for many years. Con Edison is committed to supporting women who are seeking careers in the sciences. This program will sponsor STEM internships or research experiences.
A secure internship is NOT necessary to apply, however the research/internship experience must be a full time position (30+ hours) lasting for a minimum of 10 weeks. Students will receive a stipend and a possible grant to assist with summer housing.
- Underrepresented women (African-American, Latina, or Native American) with a preference to those with low income.
- Full-time Barnard undergraduates during the summer of 2022 (First years, sophomores, and juniors ONLY).
- Internship must be in New York City or Westchester County only.
- Internships and research experiences must be in STEM-related fields. Experiences that are not part of Summer Research Institute do qualify, so long as they are related to science, technology, engineering, or mathematics.
Deadline: Friday, March 11th by 11:59pm
Please submit a current 1-page resume with both local and permanent addresses and GPA in addition to a 2-page personal statement detailing the following to email@example.com.
- Why you have chosen to do an internship in this field (see eligibility requirements above)
- What you hope to learn from this experience
- How the internship relates to your studies and your future career goals
Please contact Dean Gedeon with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-854-2024).