- 9am Friday, December 23, 2020 (i.e. when Winter Break starts)
Information about how to check out of campus housing before Thanksgiving Break (and review a prorated refund) will be shared later this semester.
After moving out of their room, student must complete a Check-Out Envelope at their residence hall front desk. Students must enclose their room key(s) and the building sticker from their Student ID.
Students who do not return their keys and/or complete a check-out envelope will be charged a $100 improper check fine. Missing keys will result in a $100 per key lock change fee.
Any student who fails to complete their check-out by their deadline will be subject to escalating fines (starting at $100) and possible disciplinary action.
- Plan with your roommates/suitemates who will clean what and when! Any cleaning and/or damage fines that are not easily attributable to one student will be split between all members of a room and/or suite.
- Start packing in advance! Don’t forget to check all your drawers, closets, etc.
- Clean your room! Any trash or items left behind will result in fines.
- Take all garbage & recycling to their usual locations. Trash bags will be available at your Res Hall Front Desk. Do not leave your belongings sitting around in trash bags; otherwise Facilities might think they’re garbage and dispose of them!
- Don’t wait until the last minute to check out! Elevators, carts, & street parking will be limited.
- Complete a Check-Out Envelope at your Res Hall Front Desk (turning in your room keys and Building ID sticker).
- Failure to submit a Check-Out Envelope by the deadline will result in a $100 Improper Check-Out Fee (fees may increase the later a student checks out). Missing keys will also result in a $100 per key lock change fee.
Students are responsible for returning their room to the same condition it was in when they moved in (including cleaning their room and/or moving furniture back to original positions). Residential Life & Housing staff will inspect rooms after check-out.
Students will be assessed charges for any cleaning and/or repair of damages required. Any cleaning or damage charges that cannot be attributable to one roommate and/or suitemate will be shared among all roommates and/or suitemates.
Students who are assessed cleaning and/or damage charges will be contacted via their Barnard email during the summer to provide them with the amount & description. Students will have a deadline, communicated in the email, by which they may submit any appeals. Students are responsible for checking their Barnard email and/or forwarding their mail to an account that they do check over the summer.
Please do not leave any cars double parked without someone in it. Unattended and/or double parked cars block others from accessing the buildings and may be ticketed or towed by NYPD.
A limited number of carts will be available for check-out from the front desk of each residence hall. A photo ID is required to borrow a cart for one hour.
There is no storage space available on campus, but many vendors offers fee-based storage services to Barnard students. Students are responsible for negotiating rates, dates and details with their selected vendor.
For information about forwarding the mail from your Altschul box over the summer, visit Mail Services.
If you are going to be living on campus (or in the city) for the summer and wish to keep your mailbox open over the summer, you must fill out a "Keep Mailbox Open" form at the Mail Services Window in Altschul.
If you signed up for cable with Spectrum Cable, you must contact them to cancel your cable TV service and to return your cable box. Residential Life & Housing cannot return your cable box for you.
Please note that last-minute requests for Summer Housing will not be accepted and would not result in permission for check-out extensions.