Dates & information for Fall 2022 Move-in will be posted when available over the summer.
- Spring 2022 Pre-Arrival & Arrival COVID-19 testing requirements and other important information from the Pandemic Response Team
- Important information for Spring 2022 return to campus: Info for faculty, staff, and students
- Preparing for Spring Semester: A message from Provost Linda Bell, Dean Leslie Grinage, and Chief Health Officer Marina Catallozzi
The College emailed the community on December 21, 2022 to share the following updates which impact move-in for the 2022 Spring Semester:
- Preparing for Spring Semester: A message from Provost Linda Bell, Dean Leslie Grinage, and Chief Health Officer Marina Catallozzi.
VISP Students, Spring Transfers, and other students who will be new to campus housing for Spring 2022:
- Friday, January 14, 2022, 9am-4pm
- Students will select an arrival time-slot on the Housing Portal (see instructions below)
- Students will need to comply with vaccination and pre-arrival testing requirements provided by the College's Pandemic Response Team (PRT) in order to be permitted to move in (see below)
Students Returning to Campus Housing
- Students will need to provide a negative pre-arrival PCR COVID-19 test result before returning to campus (see below).
- Students returning to campus housing will be able to move back into the residence halls between January 15-17 according to the following timeline in order to stagger the burden on the testing center:
- Saturday, January 15, 2022: First Year & Sophomores
- Sunday, January 16, 2022: Juniors
- Monday, January 17, 2022: Seniors
- Students can also choose to move in during the two weeks of remote learning (between January 18-30). If you are coming back after January 17, please complete THIS FORM to indicate your return date so that the College can anticipate student arrivals.
All students (new and returning) will be required to upload a negative result from a PCR COVID-19 test taken no more than five days prior to their arrival on campus to the COVERIFIED app.
Pre-arrival and arrival testing requirements and other related information from the Pandemic Response Team is available at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B-FIPcZbczn9WYCmrh2nU3BMj0CKiq7Qs_qLi-T3mUI.
For testing-related questions (including pre-arrival testing), please email email@example.com.
To help the College coordinate and ensure a smooth process, new Spring residents will need to select an arrival Check-In Time Slot for Friday, January 14 (9am-4pm).
To select a time slot, log into the Housing Portal and then click TIME SLOT.
Students will be able to start moving into their room after receiving their check-in envelope.
Please note that masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status.
Arriving to Campus:
For directions to campus, please visit https://barnard.edu/directions.
If you are arriving to campus in your own car, please wait to unload your belongings until after you have checked in and received your room keys.
Students should go first to the Barnard Covid testing center (LeFrak Center, 1st floor of Barnard Hall) to do an arrival COVID-19 test. Please see testing center hours in the Coverified app. If you arrive after testing closes for the day, you will need to go to the testing center as soon as it reopens the next day.
Next, you will get your check-in envelope with your room keys. The location will depend on the date of your check-in time slot.
- Fri, Jan 14 -- Res Life office, 1st floor of Sulzberger
- Sat, Jan 15 - Mon, Jan 17 -- CARES office, 1st floor of Elliott Hall
- Tues, Jan 18 - Fri, Jan 21 -- Res Life office, 1st floor of Sulzberger
- Mon, Jan 24 - Fri, Jan 28 -- Res Life office, 1st floor of Sulzberger
Moving into your room:
After receiving your room keys, you can start moving into your room.
Note: only students will be able to enter the residence halls (please see below for information about guest policies).
Students will need to swipe their Student ID at the front desk each time they enter the building (please see below for more information about Student IDs).
A limited number of carts will be available at each residence hall. We encourage you to bring your own cart, hand truck, or dolly if possible.
Only currently enrolled students are able to enter the residence halls.
Family & friends may provide curbside support, but will not be able to enter the residence halls (or academic buildings).
We know this may be disappointing, but as advised by the College's infectious disease experts, Barnard needs to manage density in the residence halls at a time when people are arriving to campus from all over the world. The College hopes to allow friends & family to enter as visitors later in the academic year.
Students who may need move-in assistance as an accommodation for a disability or medical condition should submit a request to CARDS (Center for Accessibility Resources & Disability Services) at least 3 business days before their arrival date for consideration. For more information, please contact CARDS at CARDS@barnard.edu.
New Transfer & Visiting students must submit a photo online ASAP (if you haven’t already done so) so that your Student ID will be included in your check-in envelope.
Returning students who may have lost their Student ID will need to fill out the CARES ID Replacement Form for assistance obtaining a replacement ID card.
Students will need to carry their Student IDs at all times for swipe access to their residence hall and other buildings on campus.
As a reminder, as advised by the College's pandemic response experts, parents and other guests will not be able to enter the residence halls, with the exception of pre-approved accommodations approved for disabilities or other medical conditions (see above).
Parents and other guests are welcome to spend time outdoors on Barnard’s campus.
Given pandemic-related restrictions, please do not enter campus buildings, with the exception of the bathrooms in the Visitor Center and the Barnard Store in the Diana Center. Please note that masks are required indoors regardless of vaccination status.
All parents and other visitors must check in at the main gate at 117th Street and Broadway. You will need to scan the QR code at the gate and complete a short health attestation before entering campus.
For the hours of the Student Mail Room in Altschul Hall, please visit Mail Services.
All mail & packages must be addressed to students' mailbox in Altschul. Any mail/packages addressed to a students' residence hall would be returned to sender.
The Student Mail Room will accept mail & packages for students up to 3 days before their scheduled move-in date. If you're sending packages before moving in, please ask the shipper to hold delivery until that time.
For information about how to find your Mailing Address and receiving mail in the Student Mailroom, please visit Student Mail Information.
Information about NSOP (New Student Orientation Program) for new Spring transfer & visiting students (including VISP students) will be emailed to students from Student Experience & Engagement (SEE).
We encourage you to visit New Students for frequently asked questions & answers.
For any questions about COVID-19 testing (including pre-arrival testing requirements), please email CovidTesting@barnard.edu.
For any questions about arrival quarantines, please email QISupport@barnard.edu.