Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program
The Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) is a New York State funded program first introduced in 1986. Barnard College began its program in 2006 and is sponsored by both the New York State Education Department and Barnard College.
Barnard’s CSTEP is an enrichment program designed to foster students’ academic success in preparing for professional licensure or careers in the STEM fields or in social work, law, teaching, or health-related fields.
Our Mission Statement
Welcome to the Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP) at Barnard College. Barnard College’s CSTEP provides services that increase recruitment, retention, and placement of eligible students in CSTEP-targeted fields and licensed professions. The program targets the historically under-represented or financially disadvantaged Barnard student who intends to pursue or shows ability in the STEM fields, health-related fields, and/or licensed professions. Information about eligibility can be found here.
What we offer
- Academic Development and Counseling
- Free Personal or Small Group Tutoring
- Academic Enrichment Workshops
- Paid Internships and Research Opportunities
- Summer Research Opportunities
- Provide financial assistance for specialized preparation courses for standardized examinations (e.g. GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.).
- Career Seminars, Speakers, and Networking Opportunities
- Conference Sponsorship (On and Off Campus)
- Enriching Professional/Personal Development Activities (CSTEP Student Conference and Competition)