For information about the availability of housing for Spring 2021 and other important information about living in campus housing, please visit barnard.edu/reslife/2021-Spring.
Information for New Students
- Virtual Tour of the Residence Halls
- Virtual Tour of Campus
- Why Live on Campus?
- Housing Applications & Room Assignments
- What to Bring (and what items are prohibited)
- Important Dates
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I live on campus?
- How do I apply for housing?
- How are rooms & roommates assigned? Will I have a roommate?
- What if I don’t get along with my roommate?
- How much does it cost to live on campus?
- What is the First-Year Focus Program?
- When will I get my room and/or roommate assignment?
- When do I move in?
- What are other important dates? (like breaks & end-of-year move-out?)
- What does my room come with?
- What should I bring? What is not allowed in my room?
- What if something is broken in my room?
- How do I receive mail or packages?
- How do I connect to the Internet?
- Can I get cable TV in my room?
- Where can I do my laundry?
- Where can I rent a refrigerator?
Note: “microfridges” (with built-in microwaves) and/or fridges bigger than 3.5 cu ft are not permitted.
- Can I stay on campus over Winter Break?
(The residence halls are closed over Winter Break, and with few exceptions students may not stay in housing during this time.)
If you have questions about living in campus housing that are not answered on our website, please let us know!