SNAP Photo Contest and Exhibition
The SNAP International Photo Competition celebrates the perspectives of Barnard students as they navigate and explore a new country and culture. We encourage all Barnard students who are back from a College-sponsored experience abroad or here studying as international students to submit photos. The deadline is Feb 1, 2023 and photos will be displayed later in the spring. Prizes will be awarded!
General Guidelines for Photo Submission:
- Each picture may only be submitted for one category.
- Each person may submit a maximum of 5 photos, one per category.
- Photos should be high-resolution and should be of the following formats: .jpg, .gif, .png or .tif.
- Photos must be from Barnard students back from a College-sponsored experience abroad or from Barnard international students.
- Cultural Context: Photos that provide a glimpse into your host culture.
- Global Issues: Photos that touch on issues of global significance, such as questions of social justice, environmental sustainability, urban development, global health or others.
- Landscape/Nature: Photos of unique landscapes or flora and fauna that were new to you.
- Selfie: Self-portraits taken in a foreign setting or at a moment of cross-cultural exchange.
- Women in the World: Photos that capture women's lives and/or illustrate issues around gender equality in your host country.
SNAP 2020 Contest Winners