The mission of the Purchasing Department is to provide efficient and timely procurement services while maintaining the highest level of professional ethics and integrity. We strive for excellence in serving the Barnard Community with courteous and dedicated assistance, providing necessary supplies, equipment and services which offer the best quality, performance and overall value. To fulfill its mission, the Purchasing Department seeks to attain the following goals:
- Procure all equipment, supplies, and services, consistent with the quality, quantity, and delivery requirements of the requesting college department.
- Strive to obtain the maximum value for each dollar expended, utilizing open competition and impartial evaluation of alternate products.
- Assist faculty and staff by providing product information, locating sources of supply, and explaining procurement options.
- Provide training sessions on the procurement process, visit departments, and seek to improve interdepartmental communication at all times.
- Encourage utilization and development of businesses owned by women and socially disadvantaged ethnic groups.
- Promote good working relationships with faculty, staff and students seeking procurement assistance, through and understanding of the purpose and objectives.
- Foster fair, ethical, and legal trade practices that develop a strong vendor community and promote public trust in Barnard College.
- Develop and implement operational procedures that provide the highest level of service, while adhering to state and federal regulations, laws, rules, policies, and procedures.
Douglas Maget, Director of Business Operations
(212) 854-6991, email@example.com
Christina Johnson, Associate Director, Purchasing
(212) 854-5205, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharon Walls, Purchasing Assistant
(212) 854-8076, email@example.com
Mary Millan, Purchasing Assistant
(212) 854-5204, firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, NY 10027
P: (212) 854-5204
WORKDAY IS ALMOST HERE! You can begin entering requisitions in Workday on April 1, 2022.
The following Purchasing related forms, as well as other related information, can be found on the Barnard Portal:
- Sole Source Justification
- Change Order
- Tax Exempt Form
- Business Card Request
- For Credit Card Request Forms, please email email@example.com