Fall 2021 Semester Payment is due August 6, 2021
- E-bills will be sent to students' Barnard email addresses; Bursar Student Account authorized users the week of July 5, 2021.
- Current students may view their Fall 2021 student account online or enroll in a payment plan.
- If you are a student, you may access your student account through the Barnard portal.
- If you are a parent, ask your child to invite you through the site, and be sure to follow the instructions in the email invitation you will receive. We cannot speak to anyone other than the student concerning the account without the student's specific authorization via the Bursar Student Account.
- Health Insurance Opt-Out: The Health Insurance Opt-Out process begins Tuesday, June 15, 2021, and ends on Friday, August 27, 2021.
- Deadline: Although the deadline for opt-out is August 27, 2021, we *strongly* recommend that the waiver process be completed by the payment deadline to avoid a late payment fee. Read FAQ about opting out.
Electronic Bursar Student Account
Barnard's Student Bursar Account brings you:
- Electronic access to current and past billing statements
- Up-to-the-minute payment activity displayed in real-time
- Online payment options
- Online enrollment each semester in our optional monthly payment plan administered by Nelnet.
What to expect
All current students receive e-bills only. No paper bills are issued.
What to do
An email message from Bursar is sent to each student's Barnard email address a month before the start of each semester's payment deadline to alert students to view their invoice and/or for access to our Bursar Student Account. New students receive invitations to register for SAC access after activating their BC email, portal access, and Columbia UNI. Due to federal student privacy regulations, the student must register for access first and then invite others (e.g., parents or others crucial to the payment process) to view/pay the student's account online. An email with activation instructions will then be sent to the invited participant/parent. By inviting others, the student authorizes Barnard to discuss the account with them. If we do not have this authorization, we will not discuss the account with anyone other than the student. Please note that you will need to reauthorize that user in your new account profile with Nelnet if you have an Authorized User on your current TMS account. Therefore, we encourage you to log in to Nelnet to activate your profile as soon as possible.