Dear Barnard students,
We are writing because many in our community have been affected by the violence and loss of life that took place in Israel this morning. We offer our heartfelt thoughts and support to those of you who have been directly or indirectly impacted by today’s tragic events and the ongoing suffering in the region.
At Barnard, we strive to be a community that listens, learns, and supports each other in difficult times. As these events continue to unfold, we encourage you to reach out to one another and to the various offices at Barnard and Columbia:
- Furman Counseling Center: 100 Hewitt Hall, 212-854-2092
- After-hours psychological emergency line: 855-622-1903
- International SOS for students who are abroad: +1-215-942-8478
- Deans’ Office for Advising and Support (Class Deans): Milbank 105, 212-854-2024, email@example.com
- International Student Services (ISS): Milbank 119, 212-854-1777, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Earl Hall Office of Religious Life: Religious Life Advisers can be reached for counseling and support directly through the Religious Life website, or by contacting their office at email@example.com.
As our community continues to care for one another, we also hope for the wellbeing of all in the region.
Vice President for Campus Life and Student Experience and Dean of the College
Vice President for Inclusion and Engaged Learning/Chief Diversity Officer